Connect Church - Church Planting Resident
Our Culture and Vision:
We believe that God has called us to plant churches that plant churches by developing leaders who develop leaders. We envision a decentralized church where spiritual growth and life changes are forged in personal discipling relationships and small communities. We believe God grows his church through person-to-person contact as followers of Jesus share their lives with those who are far from Jesus. The church most effectively accomplishes the Great Commission by living on mission in the world, and a decentralized church model most effectively mobilizes the church to live on mission.
Connect Church is a new church plant that began formation in January 2021 and plans to launch in 2022. We desire to “plant pregnant” by developing a church planter through full-time residency during our own planting journey. Learn more about our mission and model at connectchantilly.church.
- Strong personal faith in Jesus and a growing relationship with God
- Healthy family relationships and spousal support and commitment to ministry (if married)
- Passion and personal commitment to planting churches
- Willing to plant a church in Northern Virginia after completion of residency
- Willing to complete church planting assessment (as a couple, if married)
- Passion to form relationships with and to love people who do not know Jesus
- Fervent prayer life, including prayer for specific people who need to know Jesus
- Deep commitment to the upside-down or decentralized church model (not Sunday-centric; majority of teaching done in relational group setting; not pulpit lecture)
- Solid foundation of Bible knowledge and theology
- Visionary/entrepreneurial gifting and capacity
Opportunities and Responsibilities:
By joining Connect Church during the planting stage, the Church Planting Resident will gain hands-on experience in the strategy, planning, and leadership of church planting. The Resident will experience all stages of a church plant and learn from the successes and failures of building up a disciple-making church, all while refining his personal vision for planting a church. The Resident will have opportunities to initiate and lead new ministry and service ideas under the supervision and encouragement of the lead planter. The Resident will be a full-time employee. Additionally, the Resident will receive training in church planting through hands-on learning and instruction from an experienced church planting organization.
Upon successful completion of the residency, the Resident will be sent out as a church planter with the support and aid of Connect Church to implement the church planting vision he has formed as an independent church in association with Connect Church. And he will take a Resident with him to train and prepare for planting another church. If you believe God is leading you to multiply disciples through church planting, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.